Monday, November 3, 2008

Copycat gratitude

This summer I had a cool experience while swimming at the tennis club. There was another mom there with her kids who asked me if my name was Michelle. It turns out she had read a comment I left another friend's blog and clicked through to my blog. I'm still shocked that anyone would bother, but I'm so glad Julie did! I love to check out her blog, she's the optimist and fun mom I'm trying to become. I especially loved this recent post about gratitude. So I'm not only plagiarizing her idea to post my blessings each day during this month of Thanksgiving, I'm copying the first thing on her list.

Fall is my favorite season for many of the same reasons. I love the bright colors of red and yellow leaves against a bright blue sky. I love the crisp, cool air and putting flannel sheets and a warm comforter on the bed. I love the anticipation of a new school year, and even the homework doesn't get old for a couple of weeks. :) I love the family birthdays and the holidays. I love hot chocolate and curling up with a good book. I'm always happy to make soup again and to bake. And I'm so grateful to be living near the mountains again. I love what I see out my windows in the fall!





"The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man." ~Joseph F. Smith

1 comment:

Julie said...

You are too nice - I'm feeling the love! So sweet of you to say such nice words . . . i think we're kindred spirits and I swear our husbands were seperated at birth - let's all go out together sometime :-)