Sunday, October 2, 2011

No need for a pintervention...really.


"Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes."
I'd heard about Pinterest a while ago, but had avoided it, mostly because it sounded like something that could easily turn into a time-sucking addiction, which I really don't need. But I had lunch with some friends who convinced me that the addiction wore off after a couple of weeks, so I signed up.

It turns out I had reason to fear! I spent more time than I'd like to admit browsing other people's boards, creating some of my own and pinning like crazy. I've got boards for favorite quotes, art, recipes to try, photography, gift ideas, clothes I like, stuff for the girls & boys, remodeling and gardening boards, organization ideas, crafts, party ideas, places to go, fitness, favorite talks/articles and blogs, and more. There are other ways to bookmark all of these things, but I love the "eye candy" element of Pinterest. It looks pretty.

AND, I've actually made some great discoveries. There are several recipes that I've tried and loved. Here's a photo of us enjoying one of my favorite finds, a low-carb, high-protein crepe recipe. It's made with ricotta cheese. I tried it with low expectations, but everyone loved it! That conference tradition just got a little healthier! (Ignore the nutella and sugared toppings :).



So yes, very dangerous. But useful. And my friends were right. I do check in every day or so, just to see what my friends have posted. But it's manageable. Or I'm in denial. :) If you want to play along, here's the link to my boards.


No comments: