Thursday, October 30, 2008

59 days

Here's what things looked like around here before September 2nd. Not bad, but outdated.


Since I couldn't get any time off my full-time job as mom to work my second full-time job as general contractor, I really neglected documenting the whole process. Here are a few shots of the many steps that went miraculously fast: demolition, removing walls and building new ones, new windows, plumbing, electrical, insulation, drywall, redo of one wall and bar (thanks Davy & Dad!), paint, fireplace, tile, finish work, cabinet installation, countertops, shutters, and finally carpet, on October 24th.


We're still moving things back upstairs, and need to get furniture and curtains in the living room (I'll post photos later), but everything major is done!



In case you're wondering which food was first prepared from the survey, it was E) none of the above. After spending the day unpacking boxes on Saturday, I made the kids some oatmeal for dinner while Rob went to the store for groceries. We did have a spaghetti dinner on Sunday, and finally made brownies on the 30th, after getting the walls ovens connected. I'm looking forward to getting back to cooking and adding recipes here.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful!

Jodi said...

Dito on Rachel's comment. Simply beautiful!