Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School already?!

As much as I love summer and doing fun things with the kids, I am usually ready for them to go back to school. Not this year. It was way too early (August 22nd!). I really wish it'd start after Labor Day every year. Especially this year, with the hot weather and no A/C working at the elementary school. But no one consulted me, so off they went.

Robbie was up and ready to go early. He was still willing to pose for a first-day-of-school photo before his carpool came at 7:20. He had a great first day, and really likes junior high so far. This semester he has Honors Science, French, CTE (Career & Technical Ed.), Utah Studies, Honors English, Keyboarding and Honors Pre-Algebra.


Joey is starting 5th grade. He got the same teacher Robbie had in 5th grade, and is excited, because she is awesome. He's also in the gifted reading and math classes.


Ellie is in 3rd grade this year, and already loves her teacher.


We were almost late for school because I had forgotten that the memory card on my camera was mostly filled with photos of Bear Lake and we had to wait for them to download to the computer before deleting them. So I didn't get the usual pictures at the school in the morning and had to take them after school. Here's one of Joey with a couple of his friends.


Joey and Ellie in front of the school:


Ellie with her teacher (I actually took this one at her SEP conference on August 18th).


Joey with his teacher (it was sort of cruel to take this at the end of the day, it was REALLY hot, but I'd forgotten to take it at SEP's even though I had my camera with me).


I may not have been ready for it, but I hope and expect this will be a good school year. Best news of the first day? No homework. (Well, for the kids anyway. I spent a couple of hours signing "disclosure statements" for Robbie and taking him shopping for school supplies.) Serenity now...

No comments: