Saturday, December 19, 2015

Touch Down in Houston

Friday was a mad rush to get everyone packed and ready to go...I only got a few hours of sleep, and when Rob checked our flight info, he realized that I'd gotten the time wrong by an hour, so we cut it pretty close leaving for the Salt Lake airport at 7:30. But we made it, and landed in Houston around 2:00 p.m. We stayed at a hotel near the airport and I was thrilled to have a nice relaxing day, especially since my cold seemed to be getting worse.


We walked to a strip mall nearby and had some decent tacos and falafel.


And the kids went for a "polar bear plunge." The hotel pool was NOT heated, but that didn't stop them, crazy kids.


Excited to begin another adventure together.

Fun fact (sarcasm font): I somehow forgot that I had booked this hotel, and booked THREE rooms that sleep six each. The early bird non-refundable rate, of course. So much for my spa budget onboard. 

No comments: