Jonas went to the camp too, and Shawn drove the boys up to East Fork of the Bear, in the Uintahs, around six a.m. on Monday morning (July 4th). Here's a photo of them just before they left.
I sent the point and shoot with Robbie, and was pleasantly surprised to find a few pictures on the memory card when Robbie got back. Here he is with his patrol for the week. From left to right: Connor, Tristian, Robbie, Ethan, Bryant and Houston. Halani was taking the picture. Robbie really liked these guys, and says they had one of the best groups at the camp. They try to separate kids who know each other, so Jonas was in another patrol.
Here's a photo of the lean-to they built and slept in one night. The other nights they slept in tents, but had to change tents multiple times, because it rained every day, and flooded several times.
Rob and the kids and I went to pick them up on Saturday. Here they are hiking out of camp.
Here he is being awarded his Silver Moccasin bead by the head scoutmaster.
It was beautiful up there. I really love the colors in these photos.
1) Neutral position for standing to put people at ease.
2) "Forming, storming, norming, performing" stages of group dynamics.
3) The importance of vision, goals and planning.
4) It's really hard to put up a tent blind-folded.
5) Sleeping in a garbage bag sucks. (Yeah, don't ask. He had a nice sleeping bag with him.)