Monday, March 3, 2008

Places we go, people we love

At one point in my life I think I had a vague idea that I would scrapbook every photo I took. This was clearly pre-digital, so I didn't have thousands of photos stored in iPhoto like I do now, but even without this huge backlog I was never "caught up." So I'm trying to adopt Stacy Julian's Library of Memories system, scrapping my favorite pictures and telling our family story. Two catagories are "Places we go" and "People we love." Since I have to at least finish Ellie's and Ainsley's baby books before I can move on to other things, I'll post a couple of these shots here. Friday night we went to El Farol's with Rob's family. It is kind of a ritual. It's the first restaurant we went to when Ralph and Judy came home from their mission. We have a history of writing letters on the paper placemats and sending them to whoever is currently serving a mission. The food is good and we are in the back where the kids aren't too disruptive (although after Friday night we're all re-thinking that). I'll probably put these pictures in the "Places we go" album, although they are also "People we love."

Saturday morning we met my cousin Claudia and various other cousins at Hagermann's. It was so fun to see Claudia and catch up, and Hagermann's is the my family's ritual equivalent to Rob's family at El Farol's. Claudia definitely gets a page in our "People we love" book, and we're going to have to make another trip to Alaska to get more photos for it.

The only thing better than Hagermann's for breakfast is Hagermann's for lunch. But I'm thinking that an eight mile run is probably not long enough to compensate for the calories consumed there. I keep telling Chris he needs to open a location in the new Cottonwood Mall development, but it might not be the best thing for my middle-age metabolism. It needs to be a "Place we go" less frequently, not more!

1 comment:

Marsh Mayhem said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time -- and I love the new blog!

Is it true Hagerman's is opening up downtown? Matt's thrilled!