Monday, May 10, 2010

Swim season

The kids have been asking for weeks if it was time for swimming to start yet. When they got home from school they changed their clothes in record time, and we were some of the first people to arrive for the swim team workout.
The sun came out, the water was warm, the kids were happy.
Ainsley put her swimming suit on around noon, even though I told her I wasn't sure they'd let the little kids in the pool. That must be why she was sucking up to the head coach here. Who could say no to this face?
For Mother's Day Robbie made a card filled with "reasons I love my mom." Paying for his swim lessons was one of the top reasons. I'm not about to tell him that Rob is really the one taking care of that. He already worships his dad, no need to add fuel to that fire.
As we were driving over, Joey said, "I'm so glad we get to go swimming. I love it, and I'm really good at it." Rob is also the one who provided the confidence and healthy self-esteem gene.
Ellie told me today that swimming is her VERY FAVORITE thing to do.
And Ainsley was able to get in and play on the steps while the kids swam laps. Hopefully next year she'll be on the team too.
The clouds and wind moved in during the hour we were there, and by the end of practice it was cold and rainy. The other three kids might listen the next time I recommend bringing a sweatshirt.
Swim season has practically become synonymous with summer around here. It is what we do. I bet if I were to analyze my photos from last year, swimming photos would be at the top of the list. I'm looking forward to a lot more photos and great memories this year.

No comments: