Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Book group

I meant to take my camera to book group tonight, but barely managed to remember the food I was bringing, so here's the after book group shot. Our book this month was Remembering Isaac by a local author/potter, Ben Behunin. My review is here. Like I said, it's not great writing, but it was a really great meeting. The author came and told us how he came to write these books, and it was a super-fascinating and inspiring story. If it were my story I'd be posting it here. If you have a book group, I highly recommend inviting Ben to come and tell his story. Even if you don't love the book, you'll love this. He brought some of his pottery, and I bought a small bowl. I love book group, and as usual, stayed up way past my bedtime talking to good friends there, which is why this didn't get posted until now.

No comments: