Sunday, January 10, 2010

From the archives

I had plenty of photo opportunities today. Cute girls in Sunday dresses...handsome boys in freshly ironed clothes...the sexy guy sitting next to me in Sunday School. We had our monthly birthday dinner with my family, and Rob even reminded me to bring my camera, but I was carrying food to the car and forgot. Here's my solution to this dilemma:


Yes, that is my daily photo. And no, I didn't take it today. Obviously. In addition to the fact that it was taken in a different season and location is the stunning realization that it was taken TEN YEARS AGO. That is Robbie. I've decided that if, in spite of my good intentions, I forget the daily photo, I will just go to my favorites folder in iphoto and post one from the archives. I couldn't resist this one, partly because the weather looks SO nice, but mostly because I'm feeling especially nostalgic about my oldest. I went to a stake youth fireside tonight, and realized that Robbie will probably be attending the next one too. This photo of the day is just a little reminder that I need to slow down and enjoy where we're at right now. And know that great things are ahead too...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I like that place, those things and that person. 10 years. wow. Shawn.

Melissa said...

Somehow that makes me a little sad. I can't believe how fast that has gone. At least we still have the place.