Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ski lessons

I'll be editing this later to add more photos and commentary about our ski day, but here's a preview. It was a hit. And I'm exhausted.Okay, I've recovered. Here we are at equipment rental:
Thank goodness my mom came with me, I never would have managed parking and getting equipment for five kids (in separate lines, since Riley and Parker were snowboarding).
We barely got them to the mountain for their 1:00 lessons, and then we went to lunch. I hiked up to get photos, but only saw Robbie and Joey. Their instructor said they were both doing great, and that Joey was an animal. Like I needed him to tell me that. :)Ellie was excited about her lesson, especially riding the lift all by herself. She was also pretty wiped out.
So when I tried to get her to stand up for a photo it didn't go over well. You can see Robbie yelling at her in the first photo here. Something along the lines of "Stop being such a crybaby." I have no idea where the temper or the bossiness comes from. We couldn't get her to smile, but she did stop crying for a second or two.Then I gave up and took this shot of Riley and Parker. No crybabies here, but they were tired too.The kids were all excited that we got to take the bus back to the car. I guess the alternative is showing up before 10:00 to get a spot in the lot.It didn't take Ellie too long to recover—she was pretty happy once she got her boots off.I wish I'd been able to snap a photo of all the kids in the car on the way home. Every one of them fell asleep by the time we hit the freeway. We can't wait to go back next week for snowboarding!

No comments: