Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday night grocery shopping

Pretty lame, I know. But infinitely better than going to Costco on a Saturday. Maybe someday my grandkids will look at this photo and be amazed that I could purchase all this for only $263. Just so they know what I got for my money, here's the list: 5 lbs. flour, 5 lbs. sugar, 6 lbs. powdered sugar, 16 oz. unsweetened chocolate, 16 granola bars, 1 package Ritz crackers, 1 bottle celery seed, 1 bottle ground coriander, 1 bottle ground mustard, 2 bags of chips, 2 containers of fresh salsa, 1 package of chocolate chips, 1 gallon of milk, 1 quart of buttermilk, 2 packages of frozen spinach, 84 Rhodes rolls, 1 can of shaving gel, 3 lbs. Italian sausage, 3 lbs. ground beef, 4 lbs. bananas, 2 lbs. red grapes, 2 bell peppers, 2 heads of garlic, 5 yellow onions, 3 lbs. of carrots, 5 lbs. potatoes, 15 lbs. grapefruit, 5 lbs. cheddar cheese, 1 lb. fresh parmesan, 250 dryer sheets, 200 plastic cups, 165 dinner plates, 30 rolls of toilet paper, 1 jug of Clorox 2, 6 Clorox toilet cleaner tablets, 2 bottles Tilex cleaner, 4 lbs. butter, 2 loaves of bread, and 2 flashlights. Any bets on how long I can hold off another trip to the store?

4 comments:

Misty said...

Ummmm, can I have your kitchen? I love it!! That's my dream kitchen -- the flooring, cabinets color and finish .... Drooling.

Michelle said...

Thanks Misty—we remodeled about a year and a half ago, and I still love it *EXCEPT* for the floor. I love the way it looks when it has just been swept and mopped, but I hate to sweep and mop, so I should have gone with something that would camouflage the fact that I have four kids. Oh well.

Melissa said...

I don't think you'll have to go back until about mid-week next week. A good 4 or 5 days at least.

Rob said...

And that should last until mid-day Tuesday. Then we'll starve until the next grocery run several days later.